Sunday, October 21, 2012

Lexi May Jensen

So...its only been 7 weeks but I think its time I write the labor story! I know I am a slacker and I will try hard to keep updating and documenting our family's journey with our new baby girl!

Here are a couple pictures that we took the Sunday before I delivered. I needed to show Lexi one day how I looked with a big belly!














I went to my doctor appointment on Monday Aug 27. I was starting to dilate and contract through the previous week. Dr. Clark decided to help me move along my labor. The rest of the day I started having more and more contractions. They were getting a little painful but not too bad. I went to work that night and I was sure to walk and take the stairs anytime that I could! It was a long night and I was hoping to be dilating even more. I walked over to labor and delivery, which was just down the hall from the NICU where I work. I had them check me and I unfortunately was not dilating. They told me to go home and rest. I went home and I tried to sleep....that was almost impossible with the contractions coming closer and closer together. I finally just got up and got in the shower. The contractions slowed down a little and I was able to go to my ultrasound that I was having because my belly was measuring small. Everything looked great at the ultrasound and Dr. Clark called to tell me the results. He then told me to come on over and see him in his office and he would try to get me going into labor even more. This time it worked! I continued to contract all afternoon! I kept walking and walking with my mom. She took me to store after store just to keep me moving and get my labor going! At 7 pm Christian was finally home from work and I was hurting and ready to go to the hospital! When we arrived I was in labor and they told us they would keep me and that we were going to have our baby girl! We were very excited and nervous! Dr. Clark was already at the hospital with someone else and was able to come over and break my water right away! I ended up getting an epidural...which was great and was able to enjoy labor! Christian and my mom stayed with me the whole time! I had some other visitors and loved having them there! Lexi May Jensen was born at 12:59 AM! She weighed 7 lbs. 0 oz. and was 19.5 inches long! Grandma Debbie, my mom, cut her cord!


Proud daddy!


Grandpa!


Lexi has been such a blessing and we are so excited to get to know our little princess!! More pictures and stories to come! Thank you for everyone that came and supported us in the addition to our family!

1 comments:

Nicole said...

Love this post Angie!! You look so beautiful!! I can't believe how fast everything happened. Your amazing!! I can't wait to see you & meet Lexi! xoxo